What I am about to suggest to you may seem a little odd. Criminal, even. But trust me on this one, it is the best advice you will ever get from a fellow lover of all things Oily. If you are not currently using our Thieves Essential Oil Blend, you need to borrow, beg, and yes – steal – this amazing product for every room in your home. OK, so I am not really suggesting you should steal the product. But you may want to after you hear about all of the benefits of using it in your home every day.
Our Thieves® oil blend is the flagship for Young Living Essential Oils and for good reason. It is an amazing product with many applications. It was inspired by the legend of a group of 15th-century French thieves who believed their proprietary formula provided them with protection while they were robbing people. When they were caught, the thieves continued to use this aromatic blend of clove, rosemary, vinegar, and other botanicals to earn themselves a deal with the French police. In exchange for sharing the secret recipe for their magical blend, they received a merciful punishment for their lives of crime.
Here, There, Everywhere
Today, Young Living Essential Oils offers an entire line of Thieves products. Our concoction is slightly different from the original blend used by the thieves for which it is named. It consists of cinnamon, rosemary, eucalyptus, lemon, and clove essential oils.
The versatility of our product is what makes it so popular among those in the Oily know. Just one bottle of our Thieves Essential Oil can be used in many ways. Here are some of the ways I recommend trying out our Thieves Blend if you are new to using it.
- In a diffuser
Used by itself, or in combination with other essential oils from the Young Living product line, in a diffuser is a great way to freshen every room in your home. And let’s be honest – sometimes the smells associated with everyday living can overwhelm our indoor living space. Do not be afraid to mix it up and experiment a bit to find mishmashes pleasing to you.
- In foaming hand soap
Why buy that preformulated and often harsh hand soap from the store when you can make your own Oily variety? Foaming hand soap is easy to create using our Thieves line. All you need is an empty foaming hand soap container, Castile Soap, and the Thieves Essential Oil blend. Castile Soap is available in most pharmacies and stores, including Target and Walgreens, or can be ordered online. Once you have all the ingredients, mix one-quarter cup of the Castile Soap with six drops of the Thieves blend. If you want to get fancy, feel free to add in three drops of another essential oil. We highly recommend peppermint or tangerine. Fill the rest of the soap container with filtered water and voila – you have an amazing foaming hand soap your family will love!
- In a roller for everyday use
Rolling yourself with essential oil every day is a great way to relax or recharge. Oily users know that a roller is the best way to apply oils and achieve results in as little as 20 minutes. We recommend using a roller on the bottom of your feet, behind the ears, on the temples, on the wrists, and down the spine for the best results. A great blend to use in your roller includes 15 drops of Thieves, 10 drops of lavender, and 8 drops of frankincense or lemon and topped off with a carrier oil in a 10ml roller.
But Wait! It Does More!
I was not kidding when I said our Thieves line of essential oil products was adaptable. It is more than just a way to freshen your home with a lovely aroma or soothe away the stress of the day with a roller. It also can clean and deodorize your home without all the harsh chemicals associated with less “green” options.
Some of my favorite Thieves products include:
- AromaBright™ toothpaste and Fresh Essence Plus Mouthwash provide a one-two punch against the grossness that lives in our mouths. These two products, when used together, can gently brush away daily buildup and help prevent staining from products like coffee, tea, and wine. The proprietary blend includes peppermint, spearmint, and cinnamon bark essential oils in combination with the Thieves blend. It tastes so good you will want to brush your teeth several times a day! The mouthwash consists of a carefully-crafted mix of clove, lemon, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus, and rosemary essential oils and is free from any harsh alcohol, dyes, or artificial flavoring.
- Thieves Household Concentrated Cleaner is definitely not the blue, yellow, or green “mystery cleaner” you find on the shelves at the local store. You can scrub, degrease, spot clean, or deep clean with this amazing product with the reassurance that your human and furry family members will not suffer any ill effects from it. One bottle of the Thieves cleaner can last your household for up to six months, even with everyday use!
- Laundry is the bane of our existence. It has ways of piling up and becoming a pain in a hurry. But since not doing it is not really an option, you might as well get your clothes clean and fresh with our Thieves Laundry Detergent. It is made from plant-based ingredients to provide gentle cleaning while protecting the environment. Each 32-ounce bottle washes 64 loads.
- Thieves Spray is great for tackling the germs of the world. And let’s face it – there are a lot of icky germs in the world right now. When you are on the go, take a bottle of this spray with you to help freshen and clean small surfaces.
- Eating our fruits and veggies is an important part of staying healthy. But thinking about what might be on them before we shove them into our mouths can be enough to make us reach for a chocolate bar instead. Using the Thieves Fruit & Veggie Soak is a great way to make your fruits and veggies safe for eating. Just soak, rinse, and enjoy!
I could go on all day about the endless possibilities of our Thieves product line. I use it every day and if you have never tried it, I encourage you to check it out. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the number of products available in the line and do not know where to start, I suggest ordering the Thieves Bundle. It includes 10 of our favorite Thieves products, plus a few additional goodies like sample oil bottles and product guides.
Want to learn more about the Thieves line of products or our other essential oils? Get exclusive access to our OILY Education and Resource guides by becoming an On Call Essentials member today.