Spreading Joy and Oily Love: Modeling Healthy Living for our Little Ones
There it is again. That nagging feeling of being watched. If you are a parent, you know that feeling well and it can be unnerving. As parents, we are constantly reminded of the fact that our children are watching us. Watching, and mimicking everything we say and do. It can be a wee bit intimidating to know your child is forming their beliefs and modeling their actions based on what they see you doing in any given situation. Talk about crossing over into mommy anxiety land! We worry we may not be the best role models at times. While that may be true, there is one behavior you can be proud to demonstrate for your little ones – your love of all things Oily!
Modeling healthy living for our precious babes is the best way to get them into the habit of prioritizing their health and well-being as they grow. It is never too early to start teaching this valuable lesson.
Oily Joy and Love for All Ages
I know what you are thinking. Is it safe for my children to use Young Living products? The answer is, absolutely!
YL takes its commitment to parents seriously. It promises all-natural formulations that are ethically sourced and made only from the purest of ingredients. From tiny tots to full-sized adults, YL goes the extra mile to ensure the efficacy of its products. Moms spend enough time worrying about whether they have got this mom thing down.
We heap a lot of guilt on ourselves about whether we are making the best choices for our little ones. Before we know it, we are struggling to breathe under a pile of “what ifs” we have created out of our own insecurities about parenting. Mamas can get off the guilt trip train when they choose to share the Oily joy and love with their children. YL’s worry-free blends are hypoallergenic, non-greasy, and lacking in the harsh chemicals found in other products. Best of all, they are dermatologist tested, so you can feel secure in your choice to share YL with your littles.
Planting the Seeds of an Oily Life
Young Living offers an amazing line of oils specifically formulated for the littlest of oilers. From the tips of their noses to the ends of their toes, there is an oil for every part of their bodies. Young Living Seedlings™ is the name of the line, and it includes baby care products that are pre-diluted and ready to use on your bundle of joy. It launched in the Spring of 2018 and caught on fast for its commitment to naturally-derived and plant-based baby care items.
The products in this line are simply amazing and a great way to introduce your little one to oiling.
- Young Living Seedlings™ Baby Wipes
As most moms know from experience, a baby’s bottom can get rashy in a hurry. A baby’s skin is delicate and reacts easily to environmental irritants, including diapers and all the accessories that accompany a diaper changing. Using baby wipes with harsh chemicals and pungent scents can add to the problem. Seedlings™ Baby Wipes are uber-soft and comfortable. They contain a soothing formula that will leave your little one’s tushy feeling moisturized, soft, and smooth.
- Young Living Seedlings™ Diaper Rash Cream
Babies have a rough life. They are completely at our mercy to quickly change out their nappies to save their delicate skin from the unpleasantness that occurs if they sit in a full diaper for too long. Letting baby stew in their own messy diaper is not only an assault on our olfactory senses. It can cause a painful diaper rash, which is not what any parent wants for their baby. Sometimes sensitivity to products – even certain brands of diapers – can cause skin irritation. If that happens, the Seedlings™ line has the perfect diaper rash cream to treat it. The thick cream is lavender scented and can reduce the duration and severity of diaper rash when applied to baby’s bottom at the first sign of trouble. It is soothing to baby’s skin and offers additional protection by acting as a physical barrier to wetness.
- Young Living Seedlings™ Baby Lotion
Lavender is known for its calming effect on the body and mind. YL’s baby lotion is infused with a Lavender essential oil blend from 100-percent naturally derived sources. Unlike some brands of baby lotion, there are no harsh chemicals or irritants in this lotion. Its non-greasy formulation and calming scent will keep baby’s skin soft and smooth.
- Young Living Seedlings™ Baby Wash & Shampoo
We want our little ones to feel safe and secure with us, which includes during bath time. Fewer things are more unpleasant than harsh shampoos and washes that sting and burn if they get in your eyes. The Seedlings™ baby wash and shampoo are formulated to be gentle yet effective for cleansing both skin and hair.
- Young Living Seedlings™ Baby Oil
This mild and gentle blend contains 100 percent pure essential oils diluted to an appropriate strength for your precious babes. It features YL’s proprietary Calm blend – Lavender, Coriander, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, and Geranium. Mamas can feel confident in the safety and benefits of using this product daily.
- Young Living Seedlings™ Linen Spray
Add calming aromas to your sweet baby’s linens to help him drift off into sleepy land. It contains a mix of Lavender, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, and other 100 percent pure essential oils from the YL line. It can be used for more than just helping baby relax at nap or bedtimes. Spritz a bit of it on car seats, blankets, and even bibs to freshen them up.
From Seedlings to Little Sprouts
The Young Living Seedlings™ line is perfect for introducing your littles to the many benefits of oiling. It is a lesson that can continue into their formative years with the KidScents line. There are 15 products in this signature series specifically formulated for children aged 2 to 12.
Some of our favorites from the KidScents line include:
- Geneyus – formulated with a blend of 15 essential oils, this one is perfect for helping to improve focus. Children love to wiggle. They are amazing creatures who appear to be in a constant state of motion. That can be a detriment if it interferes with the ability to complete a homework assignment without constant nudging from us moms. Geneyus is perfect for just such an occasion. Whether you diffuse it or gently rub it into the wrists or the backs of big toes, it can provide a boost to little ones’ ability to concentrate.
- Sleepyize – contains a magical blend of Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Tangerine, Bergamot, Sacred Frankincense, and Valerian to help promote a soothing bedtime routine. Drifting off to dreamland has never smelled so amazing. Diffuse it or place a tiny drop on blankets or a favorite bedtime snuggle buddy for the best results.
- SniffleEase – nine essential oils, including Eucalyptus, are included in this formulation to help fight the sniffles. Put a drop behind the ears, on the chest, or diffuse it for the best results.
- Bath Gel – make bath time fun with this safe and gentle soap alternative. Avoid the harsh chemical formulations and strong scents found in some cleansing products. Formulated with MSM, aloe vera, antioxidants, pure lemon, and cedarwood, your littles will be squeaky clean and smelling fabulous.
- Feather Owl Diffuser – a humidifier, aroma diffuser, night-light, and white noise machine all rolled into one cute little feathery owl friend. Kids will love having their favorite oils diffused in this cute little guy. Heck, mamas might want for their very own!
Interested in introducing your precious little ones to the benefits of oiling but not quite sure where to start? Get exclusive access to our OILY Education and Resource guides by becoming an On Call Essentials member today.