Let’s face it: we all deserve to craft and take a break from life stressors, are we right? Not only is crafting a great way to get in some “me” time but it can also save you if you’re out of a certain product at the last minute.
You can even grab some of your favorite essential oils for kids and get the whole family involved.
Here are some easy DIY craft ideas using essential oils!
1. DIY Craft Ideas for Makeup Remover
You’ll only need a few basic supplies to create your own makeup remover free of harsh ingredients.
- 1 Tbsp non-alcoholic witch hazel
- 2 Tbsp V6 carrier oil
- 2 Tbsp distilled water
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops tea tree essential oil (optional)
- cotton rounds
- 4 oz jar with lids
- 1. Mix the oils and water together in the jar.
- 2. Stack cotton rounds inside.
- 3. Tightly screw on the lid.
Tada! An easy makeup remover that won’t dry out your skin.
2. Himalayan Salt Diffuser
Himalayan salt lamps are all the rage now. They’re a great way to detoxify the air around you. But, you don’t need to go out and purchase a full sized lamp to enjoy its effects. Simply make your own diffuser using your essential oils.
- I cup pink Himalayan salt
- 10-20 drops of essential oils of your choice
- cedarwood and frankincense (for relaxation)
- lemongrass, ylang-ylang, and orange (for energy)
- lemon and tea tree oils (to boost immunity)
- 1. Place the pink Himalayan salt in a bowl.
- 2. Add 10-20 drops of the essential oils of your choice.
- 3. Stir to combine.
- 4. Place a battery-operated votive candle in a small bowl.
- 5. Pour the salt mixture around the candle until halfway up the sides.
- 6. Enjoy your newly purified air.
The battery-operated tea light gives the ambience without the toxic effects of burning candles. Win-Win!
3. DIY Foot Soak
Are you on your feet all day long? This foot soak will help calm down inflammation. It will also help decrease any foot odor and help with any fungal infections or ingrown nails.
- 1/4 cup epsom salt
- 1 tsp jojoba oil
- 4 drops tea tree oil
- 8-10 cups hot water
- Foot bath basin
- 1. Combine the salt and oils together in a large bowl. Blend well.
- 2. Pour the mixture into your foot bath basin.
- 3. Pour hot (but not too hot) water into the basin. Stir and let the epsom salt dissolve completely.
- 4. Soak your feet for about 15 minutes.
The next time your feet feel like they need some extra care, soak them in this mixture. They’ll feel softer, smoother, and a whole lot calmer.
4. DIY Exfoliating Sugar Scrub
Who doesn’t love to have polished, glowing skin? This sugar scrub is easy to make and perfect for your next exfoliating wash.
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops orange essential oil
- 2 drops patchouli essential oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- empty 4 oz jar
- 1. Add the coconut oil, sugar, and essential oils in a bowl.
- 2. Mix well.
- 3. Scoop the mixture into your jar.
The next time you need to rejuvenate your skin, scoop out a small amount. Rub it onto the area you wish to exfoliate and feel your new skin shine through.
5. DIY Hair Conditioning Spray
Store bought products host a ton of ingredients that are bad for you. It’s especially true for hair care products. A few essential oils mixed with some distilled water is all you need to tame that mane of yours.
- 5 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- alcohol-free witch hazel
- empty 2 oz glass spray bottle
- 1. Carefully measure out your essential oils directly into the spray bottle.
- 2. Add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 3. Fill the rest of the bottle with witch hazel until it’s almost full.
- 4. Top the bottle and shake well.
Shake your conditioning spray before each use. Spray directly onto wet or dry hair and combine through to detangle.
6. DIY Workout Refresher Spray
This spray will help you freshen up even if you can’t hit the shower right after your workout.
- 1 oz distilled water
- 7 drops lavender oil
- 7 drops bergamot oil
- 7 drops lemon oil
- 5 drops tea tree oil
- 2 oz empty glass spray bottle
- 1. Carefully measure out your essential oils into your empty container.
- 2. Add 1 oz distilled water until the container is almost full.
- 3. Shake well.
Use the spray on your clothes, in your gym bag, or your hair after every workout. You’ll feel so refreshed, you could run errands instead of running to the shower.
7. DIY Perfume Spray
A body perfume spray is easy to make on your own. Depending on your preferences, you can mix a variety of scents to customize your own.
- Empty 2 oz bottle
- 2 oz hydrosol
- 12 drops of essential oil blend per oz of hydrosol
- 1. Mix your oils together first.
- 2. Add the hydrosol.
- 3. Pour the mixture into your empty bottle.
- 4. Test it out.
The fun part of creating your own perfume is finding the blends you like. Here are some suggestions for you to try.
- cedarwood, roman chamomile, orange
- ylang ylang, lavender, bergamont
- stress away, lavender, orange
- sandlewood, geranium, neroli
The biggest tip here is to start with a heavy base scent, add in a mid-tone of your choice, and the top it off with a top tone. The possibilities are endless
Essential Oils: A DIYer’s Dream
Essential oils are the perfect addition to homemade products. From deodorant to bath products to candles, there are several DIY craft ideas using essential oils.
By building your essential oil collection you can easily mix and match oils for endless DIY projects, helping you save time, money, and keeping things fun
Check out our shop for a wide selection of oils to try out your favorite DIY oil craft today.